Donna Tomlinson is thrilled to be a part of the Hargrave Family Law team as an experienced attorney with over 19 years of practice, both as a transactional attorney and as a litigator, assisting individuals and families navigate the legal process in the areas of business and family law.
Donna now focuses her practice on helping individuals and families, and gains a lot of joy in working with clients on a one-on-one basis and helping them with their family needs. Sixteen of her years of experience involves representing clients in divorce suits, child support & custody matters and fathers’ rights, as well as other areas of family law. Donna believes that navigating a family law issue can be done amicably and with as little contention and animosity as possible. While she believes in parties resolving differences in a collaborative way, Donna will also vigorously represent her clients if and when the need for litigation arises.
Donna has a BBA in Marketing from Prairie View A& M University, a J.D. from South Texas College of Law Houston and an LL.M in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Donna is also a certified Ad Litem and Credentialed Mediator with the State of Texas.
Donna is married and has two wonderful children, as well as two 4-legged members of the family. She volunteers her services with the Dallas County Dispute Resolution Center and enjoys participating in the annual High School Mock Trials as a Judge.
At the end of each family law representation, Ms. Tomlinson’s priority is to ensure that she has made a positive contribution to her clients’ lives and that she has made the legal process easier for them. “I believe in life there are no problems, only challenging situations. I love coming to work every day to work with both my clients and our team to find those creative solutions. Everyone at the firm believes very strongly in our mission, and that comes through in the exceptional service we provide to our clients. I’m so grateful to be a part of that.”
- Family Law
University of Florida – Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Master of Laws in Taxation – 2005
South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctorate – 2003
Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, Texas
- B.B.A. – 1995
- Major: Marketing
Certified Legal Specialties
- Credentialed Mediator
- Certified Mediator
- Certified Ad Litem
Honors and Awards
- Florida Tax Review, Graduate Editor 2004-2005
- South Texas Law Review MIS Editor, 2003
- Winner of State Administration Law Moot Court Competition 2003
- Order of the Lytae 2003
- Langdell Scholar 2001-2003
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association, Member
- Texas Bar College, Member
- Dallas County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Collin County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Denton County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
• Dallas County Dispute Resolution Center, Mediator
• High School Mock Trials, Judge