While studying psychology at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas, Ms. Rector volunteered at a domestic violence shelter and saw the need for competent, compassionate legal representation in divorce and custody modification cases. Ms. Rector cares deeply about families, and understands that there is much more at play in a family law case than what takes place publicly in the courtroom. She is thrilled to be a part of the Hargrave Family Law team that is so dedicated to putting the family first.
Ms. Rector focuses on resolving clients’ issues without resorting to unnecessary and expensive contested hearings and trial. Her goal is to pursue a settlement that is advantageous for her client while preserving the family unit as much as possible. Although most cases are resolved out of court, Ms. Rector will work fervently as a fierce advocate to protect her clients’ interests in court whenever necessary.
Her professional memberships include the Family Law Sections of the Dallas County, Denton County, and Collin County Bar Associations. She has been named as one of Fort Worth Magazine’s Top Attorneys of 2020, as well as to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for 2021.
Hannah lives in Dallas with two basenjis and a violinist, and enjoys adventuring in the outdoors, whether it’s shark diving, skydiving, or white-water rafting. Her favorite adventures, though, include her nieces, nephews, and three goddaughters.
“Anyone involved in family litigation has already experienced loss. We work together with our clients to minimize the financial and emotional damage that is too often part of the divorce process. There are great opportunities for healing during and after this process, and every member of the Hargrave Family Law team has this in mind while advocating for our clients.”
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC
- Juris Doctor – 2016
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- Bachelor of Science – 2012
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Child Development
Honors and Awards
- SuperLawyers Rising Stars, 2021
- Fort Worth Magazine Top Attorneys Licensed Under Five Years, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Collin County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Denton County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Tarrant County Family Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono/Community Service Activities
- Women’s Institute for Financial Education; Second Saturday Divorce Workshop
- Delta Gamma Alumnae Association